I set off at least 30 minutes earlier this week (5:30am) to try and beat the heat but it was still quite warm during the second half of the run. I downloaded the C25K podcasts but they were in MP4 format and I need to convert them to MP3. I have done it but have forgotten. I may not worry about it as I have found another way of doing the jog/run intervals which will probably work for me. I'm going to try jogging for one music track and running for the next. Last week I did the run in 50 minutes. This week I did exactly the same run in 47.41 minutes with an average HR of 150, max 165 and a 371 calorie burn. For those of you who know me this is pretty good for me as I have a RHR of 55.
There was one advantage of taking off a little earlier - there were quite a few walkers but a lot less bike riders. I run on a shared track. OK so next week I am going to run in the opposite direction and hopefully in less time. May even do it on a week day so I don't disturb DH who likes to sleep in until at least 6am on weekends.

2 comments:
What an awesone result. Well done!
Thanks Kylie, but I have actually gone backwards a little since doing the 10km run in July - I did 10kms in just under 90 minutes. So 5kms in 47 mins I would have been kicked off the track. But I will get back there again and hopefully even improve on it.
Post a Comment