Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sat 19 Dec - 5km run results

Today I did a 5km run with a friend (who can run faster than me) and I managed to keep up with her for the first third of the run. I ran from the Southport SLC at Main Beach towards Surfers. The 2.5km mark (turning point) was just before the main hub of Surfers. There were some spectacular views of the beach along the way.

Anyway I managed to do it in just under 46 minutes with my HR being above my high limit for 9 minutes (average 146 - max 166) and a calorie burn of 345.

On the way back I called into the gym - which has reopened - to confirm they would honour my 12 months prepaid membership and they will and give me an extra 16 days at the end to cover the time they were closed. So I can get back there for one day before we take off for Adelaide.

No comments: