Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ooops -only 6kms this week

Oops - I didn't manage to do the 8kms on Saturday.  I had a few muscles letting me know they weren't happy so I just decided to do 6kms.  Wanted to make sure I was fit for next Sunday.  I actually ran the 6kms slower than my partner ran the whole 8kms. :(   However there is no time limit for the MDC so if I want to walk some of it I can (and probably will).  If I don't manage to make some improvement on my times once the MDC is over I may reassess whether I am going to enter the 10km in the GC Marathon.  I might just stick to Fun Runs without time limits where I can walk when I want to.   We have a few weeks with cooler weather coming so perhaps that will help.
Stats were:  6kms in 57mins 32 seconds with ave HR of 142 and max 175 with a 399 calorie burn.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I think that's a great time myself! You are moving and I think you ROCK!