Sunday, May 30, 2010

8kms again today and 5 weeks to go

After having to postpone our 8km run from Saturday we headed off this morning both thinking we would probably only do 5kms.  It was considerably chillier than any of our previous runs.  My training partner was having trouble with her knee and my hip is out of "whack" again.  At the 2 km mark I slowed down and walked for a while and even contemplated walking back to the car.  But I thought to myself what happens if the "dicky" hip plays up on the (10km) day.  So I decided to ignore it and started slowly jogging again.  At the 5km mark (back at the car) I decided I would continue and do the 8km.  My partner was nowhere in sight and I suspected she had decided the same thing.  Sure enough around the 6km she passed me heading back to her car.  My legs are a bit sore but not as sore as after the MDC.  I don't think I will do too many long runs in the lead up to the 10km and will do one day of sprints on the treadmill - one short midweek run and a 5-6km run on the weekends.  I am sure I can do the distance (going by the speed I managed to do the MDC 8kms) I should have about 5 mins to spare.  I'm hoping by then with the sprints that I can keep up a faster pace for a little longer than I used to. 
 

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Well Done Linda. You are doing so great. I haven't even run for 2 weeks. I was meant to go out today but the day has got away from me. I will try and get up and early early tomorrow. You inspire me. :o)
xKylie