Saturday, May 22, 2010

6 weeks to go - EEEK

I have just realised there is only six weeks to go until the GC Marathon.  Are we ready?  I think not.  Will we be?  Yes I hope so.  Between now and then we plan to do one x 8km run, one x 9km run and we need to do  one x 10km run just to know we CAN do it.  I know we did it last year but we are both a year older! On the weekdays will be some sprints on the treadmills and some 3km time trials.  Wow - I'm exhausted just thinking about it.  Also still need to fit in some weight sessions at the gym.  I will sit down and write myself a program (and the weekend runs) as we have some interstate visitors coming up but I still hope to sneak out in the mornings for some runs or gym sessions.  My training partner is away for the long weekend and I am away the weekend before but hopefully we can fit it enough training to get us there.  My goal is just to do it faster than last year - where I only just made it in the time limit.  This year I want to have plenty of time to spare - well at least 5 minutes anyway.
I did a 5km run on my own last Tuesday - faster than I have done it since my hiccup with my foot.  So it can be done.  It is a lot easier now that it is cooler in the mornings.  In fact some mornings it is downright cold.  Here is my program for this week.

Mon - 6 x 500m, 1 min SR (sprints - treadmill) + weights
Tues - 40 min run (outside)
Wed - X-train (stat bike & weights)
Thu -  (30 min sprints treadmill)
Fri - Rest Day
Sat - Run for 1hr 10 mins (8kms)

1 comment:

Deb BC said...

You can do this! Go, Linda! xxx