Sunday, April 25, 2010

Got there at last!

Today I finally managed to run 8kms again - the first time since the problems with my foot.  It was a little hard (especially the last 2kms).  Also a little harder without my running partner.  Even though we don't run together (after the first few minutes) I think I try harder as I don't want to keep her waiting for me for too long after she finishes.

However I think I should have stuck to our summer running spot.  I thought with the weather being a little cooler our winter run might have been OK but the sun still had quite a bit of kick in it between 6 & 7am.  Back to the regular place next week and then the following week is the Mother's Day Classic.

Stats were 8kms in 1hr14m39 sec  Ave HR 146  Max HR156 and a calorie burn of 556.

So far, apart from being tired (normal) I don't seem to have any adverse affects.

By the way - I have put a couple of photos of my latest card making efforts on my other Blog - the link is over on the right hand side called "Linda's Other Blog"

2 comments:

Deb BC said...

Woohoo! Well done! *claps*

Kylie said...

Linda what an amazing run. You are such an inspiration to me and I can not wait for the day that I can also say I have run 8kms - just like Linda! :o)