Friday, April 9, 2010

"Old" Foot

This week I went to the doctor for my thyroid scrips and asked him to check out my foot.  He examined it and thought that it was arthritis but sent me off to have an X-ray.  I had that on Thursday and picked up the films today (Friday).  I read the letter accompanying the X-rays - naughty, naughty- and after the mumbo jumbo (doctor speak) the comment at the bottom reads "Minor degenerative changes are present in the 1st MTP joints, in keeping with the patient's age".  I translated this to read - I can run 8kms on Sunday if I want to!  So much for trying to lower my biological age - my toes won't be conforming

This morning I had another try at running on the treadmill - I am not very comfortable with it but managed to run almost 3kms (with just a few walking breaks) in quite a reasonable speed.  One of my goals was to run 5kms in 40 mins by the end of April (I have 3 weeks) and I actually think I could do it on a treadmill easier than outside.  So I just might give that a go in the next week or so.  Watch this space.

I am totally lost at the moment as I had to send my HRM to Adelaide for a new battery in the chest strap (my diagnosis).  Hopefully it won't be long coming back.




1 comment:

Kylie said...

Loving the self diagnoses! :o)
Hope your foot is getting back to being healed and you have a great run on the weekend.
xK