This week was not a good one for training. My gym is closed (for at least 3 weeks) and the weather has been atrocious for doing anything outside. However I did run in the rain for 20 minutes on Tuesday and did a 5km run on Thursday, with a PT session on Wednesday. Today (Sunday) I extended our normal 6kms to 7kms but decided to take it easy just to make sure I could do the distance. The weather was almost perfect for running. It was overcast, cool and just a little bit windy. I have registered for the 8km run in the Mother's Day Classic so we need to be running 8kms (or more) by the end of April. So the stats were: 7kms in 1hr 3min 26sec with Ave HR of 139 Max 174 and cal 439. My training partner (weekend runs and PT sessions) is away for almost the same time the gym is closed. I plan to keep up the training without her but it is harder.
I stopped recording in the diary and managed to gain 100g - will I ever learn - the programme only works if you actually follow it - DER.
Hopefully the dreadful weather has gone now and this week should see me out there doing something everyday. We are off to Yamba next weekend but I still plan to do a 7km run on either Saturday or Sunday and as we are taking a laptop with us I will report back here next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment