Saturday, February 27, 2010

Running not Singing in the Rain

 I knew last week was too good to be true.  This week was the exact opposite.  It started spitting when we arrived and didn't stop until we were back from the run.  However being cooler and a little damp helped rather than hindered me.  I did the 5kms in 41min12sec and the total run 6kms in 51min1seconds.  This means I am just 1 minute 12 seconds away from my mini goal of running 5kms in 40 mins (by the end of April).  Totally doable.  How did I do it - I just ran faster and ignored the beeping of my HRM.  So stats are as above for time and distance with an average HR = 151, max = 168 and a 403 calorie burn. 

I also did the Zumba class again this week after doing a 4km run earlier in the day.  But unfortunately did not result in a loss on the scales.  I managed to gain 300g but it is possible I hadn't drunk enough water on the day prior to hopping on the scales and could be some fluid retention.  Hope so.  Watch this space for a decent loss next week.

My gym is closing again for another 3 weeks for renovations.  They have put a hold on my membership (ie will add the three weeks to the end of my 12 months) and will be holding some FREE outdoor classes on the oval alongside the gym.  The Zumba class will also happen in the Function Room of the club.  I think I will invest in some heavier weights (mine are only 2kg) and do a couple of sessions at home using my Swiss Ball.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

What an awesome run! Well done. You will easily hit your goal!

Deb BC said...

Great job! :)))))