Today (Sunday 21 Feb) I did my fastest time since restarting training. My goal of doing 5kms in 40 minutes (by April) looks like it might be possible. I ran 6kms today in 51mins and checked at the 5km mark and it was 42.5 minutes (433 cals). So I just need to knock another 2.5 minutes off it. I also means I would have run 10kms (provided I managed to keep up the speed) in 84 mins roughly the same as I did it last year so we are getting there slowly.
We were very lucky not to get drenched as it was raining as I drove to the start point and stopped just as I arrived and stayed dry while we ran and as we got into our cars to drive to breakfast it bucketed down. Stopped while we walked across to the cafe and then came down again while we were there and rained again on the way home in the car. Absolutely amazing that we didn't get wet at all.
My running partner has a HRM now and it is great when we compare figures at the end that someone actually burns less calories than me.

4 comments:
Great run Linda! You are going to blitz your goal by April without a problem. Well done!
Well, if I do I will just have to bring forward the end goal which is to run 5kms in 30 minutes by November 2010.
Wonderful news! :) Glad the rain was thoughtful enough to leave you untouched - very obliging of it! LOL
Wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger award over at my blog - check it out! :)
Its always nice to see yourself get faster :)
Do you have a specific (fun) run you want to run at or is it just for the satisfaction?
Post a Comment