Saturday, February 13, 2010
New shoes, new time, loss on scales
What a week. I managed to lose 700g (huge for me) by counting calories. Well who would have guessed that it would work!!!. That is how I lost my original 13kgs then I stopped counting (thought I could do it by guessing) and 7kgs crept back on again. I also bought a new pair of runners as I suspected my old ones had lost their "oomph" otherwise known as cushioning. So this morning decided to wear the new runners for the 6km run as they just felt so comfortable and didn't need to be "broken in". We started out 30 minutes earlier (and a day earlier - as I usually run on Sundays) and I managed to do it in 54.44 minutes knocking 4 minutes off last week's run and I could have even done better but slowed right down at one stage to take off my MP3 player for the last sprint home. This means I would have done 5kms in 45.3 minutes bringing me a little closer to my goal of running 5kms in 40 minutes by April. It was still quite warm even at 6am and my HRM was out of the zone (over) for 26 mins. Ave HR 155 Max 169 Calories 451.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YAY! Well done on an awesome run!
Post a Comment