Well I've been missing again but haven't been a very "happy vegemite". However with Mr and Mrs Achilles now on the mend I hope to get back to all things active. I managed to walk two kms this morning (hilly) without any pain whatsoever and will extend it again on Sunday. I have returned to my PT who is helping me with some cardio and wrist strengthening so all in all I hope to see the kgs start falling off. I hopped on the scales about 10 days ago to discover I was heavier than when I started CK some years ago. I have modified my eating plan and am now doing low carb and low fat. I think the fat content (cheese mainly) was too high. The no sugar cheesecake I made should actually be a meal not a snack as I put the ingredients into CK and divided it into portion size and it came out at 400cals. I will make it again with the low fat philly and cut the portions even smaller so it can be part of a smallish meal or a snack. Anyway - watch this space. I am now seriously considering doing the City to Bay in Adelaide in September if I can ramp up my walks to close to 6km between now and then.
Catch you all later - hopefully not so long between posts next time.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Back on track
Well I've been missing again but haven't been a very "happy vegemite". However with Mr and Mrs Achilles now on the mend I hope to get back to all things active. I managed to walk two kms this morning (hilly) without any pain whatsoever and will extend it again on Sunday. I have returned to my PT who is helping me with some cardio and wrist strengthening so all in all I hope to see the kgs start falling off. I hopped on the scales about 10 days ago to discover I was heavier than when I started CK some years ago. I have modified my eating plan and am now doing low carb and low fat. I think the fat content (cheese mainly) was too high. The no sugar cheesecake I made should actually be a meal not a snack as I put the ingredients into CK and divided it into portion size and it came out at 400cals. I will make it again with the low fat philly and cut the portions even smaller so it can be part of a smallish meal or a snack. Anyway - watch this space. I am now seriously considering doing the City to Bay in Adelaide in September if I can ramp up my walks to close to 6km between now and then.
Catch you all later - hopefully not so long between posts next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome back! YAY for the Achilles not playing up anymore. I am mostly pain free these days too. Feels great. :)
Would be awesome if you made it down for the City-Bay. :)
Take care.xK
Post a Comment