Friday, September 3, 2010

I did actually do it

Sorry - nearly a week has passed and I didn't report back to you - sorry Blog. I did actually get up at 3am and left home at 3:30am to drive to a car park near (about 1km away) from the starting point of the Bridge to Brisbane. After waiting at the start line in the dark for about an hour the sun did come up and after about another 40 minutes we (the walkers) finally took off. The Wheelchairs went first followed by three different sets of runner (speed related). There were 40,000 of us altogether and a very organised event. The walk was not as picturesque as ours here on the Coast. We walked across the Gateway Bridge and then through an industrial area with just one small glimpse of the river before finishing at the RNA Showgrounds. I collected my finishers' T-shirt and then my Healthy Breakfast (prepaid) and after eating that (I actually found a seat to sit on to eat it) I headed to the buses to take me back to my car. The line was huge but didn't take long as there were quite a few buses to take us. Amazingly I managed to find my car again and headed home - arriving very close to lunchtime. Not sure whether I will do it again next year. But never say NEVER.

No comments: