Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just scraped in

10km run done and dusted for 2010.  After a very slow start (lots of people pushing and shoving) I got into my rhythm however HRM beeped at me for 75% of the race.  The weather was great - the rain cleared and it was quite warm while we waited to take off (it was freezing last year).  The sun came out about half way through the race.  At the 8km mark I thought to myself - why am I doing this (everything was starting to hurt).  At the end of last year's event I said to my running partner - don't let me do this again next year.  But somehow we talked each other into it.  I didn't say it this year so watch this space come 2011.  I am not sure at this stage whether I did a better time than last year - will have to wait for the official results as I don't think I turned my HRM off at the timing mat - just at the finish line.  Edited later:  I was actually 21 seconds slower than last year.  But hey - earlier in the week due to some health issues I didn't even think I was going to finish.  So there you go.  There are quite a few other events I am looking at doing but possibly may just walk them (where I can).  There is one at Ipswich on Sunday 25 July 2010 and the Jetty to Jetty north of Brisbane the week before (probably won't do both), the Bridge to Brisbane at the end of August and the City to Bay in Adelaide in September.

No comments: