Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting closer

EEK - there is less than 3 weeks to go.  This morning after a hiccup with my HRM (it stopped for some reason about 200 metres into the run) so I decided just to run for 75 mins and not worry so much about distance.  I think I covered roughly 7.5kms but must have come home faster as it wasn't quite 75 mins.    I concentrated on my breathing and also trying to make the legs go a bit faster for longer intervals. 

Also had a win with the scales.  After a huge amount of eating out with our visitors I managed to lose 300g when I was actually expecting a gain.  So I must have made the right choices - except for the Hot Dog with cheese at Movie World - but hey it would be a few years since I have had one and I enjoyed every bite - I didn't eat all the roll though.

I am reading a book at the moment which is a real eye opener and hopefully will help me get to where I want to go with my fitness and eating.  I have borrowed it from the library but I think I will purchase it so I can refer back to it when I need to.  A friend recommended it - thanks Deb - and if you want to get off the diet merry-go-round I strongly recommend you have a read.  It is by Dr Rick Kausman entitled "If not dieting, then what?".  I have been trying to put it into practice (as far as I have read) over the last couple of days and it seems to be working for me - hence the 300g loss?  I hope that is the reason anyway.

No comments: