Tuesday, June 8, 2010

5kms getting easier

On Sunday I decided to just do 5kms and a longer run next weekend perhaps.  It seems to be getting easier but I didn't push myself.  Apparently when you are training for a big run - on the weekends you just run for a certain amount of time or a certain distance and not worry about doing it fast.  I did try and do some running on my toes but I found it very strange and think I won't worry about that too much this side of the event..

This morning I did a couple of kms around here (which is very hilly) and also helps to build stamina for the day.  Tomorrow I will cross train on a stat bike.  We have interstate visitors so I figure so long as I do something it is better than nothing - as there is plenty of eating out happening.  As soon as they have gone I will be back on the straight and narrow trying to lose a couple of kgs before the 10km event.

No comments: